Agent Closing Checklist
Earnest Money Contract
Earnest money check is payable to South Land Title Company and attached.
- All parties have signed, initialed any changes and completed all dates.
- All names are shown completely and with correct spelling.
- Legal description is complete and correct.
- All contact information, addresses and phone numbers, is complete for all parties.
- All exhibits and addendums are attached, to include the Seller’s Disclosure.
The effective date of the contract is the date that begins the entire closing process. It is important to all parties that this date be completed on the contract.
Items We Need Prior to Closing
- Payoff: Seller’s existing loan number, social security number, phone number and contact person.
- Buyer’s New Lender: Lender’s name, contact person and phone number.
- Marital Status: Seller’s marital status from the time of acquisition of the property to the closing. If single at the time of acquisition but currently married, spouse may be required to sign the Deed.
- Commission: The % is not stated on the contract, please advise.
- Identification: All parties signing closing documents must bring a valid government issued photo ID to closing for identification purposes.
- Good Funds: Wired funds or a cashier’s check payable to South Land Title Company for all amounts over $500 are required at closing. The total amount due should be available prior to closing based on our receipt of the loan documents from the Lender. Please contact your Closer for wiring instructions.
- Survey: Please provide seller’s existing survey within _____ days after the effective date of this contract. If survey is not acceptable, Buyer shall obtain a new survey at Seller’s Buyer’s expense.
- Power of Attorney: If a power of attorney is to be used at closing, South Land Title Company and the lender must review and approve it prior to closing. Your Closer must be able to contact the principal of the power of attorney on the day of closing. We can provide the form, if necessary, and will require the signed original at closing.
- Home Warranty: Notify your Closer of the options selected, the amount and the name of the company. An invoice and the application must be at closing.
- Repairs: If the lender approves the repairs being paid at closing, deliver original invoice to your closer. Most lenders will not allow an escrow for repairs, nor allow a credit to the buyer for the repair allowance. Repairs may need to be handled prior to closing.
- Hazard Insurance: Buyer needs to arrange for insurance coverage and have the agent contact the Closer with details of coverage and for lender requirements.
- Homeowner’s Association: Name and number for manager. We can order the re-sale certificate, if requested.